Little has ever distracted Crystal Reeves from playing golf.
Fewer things have kept Reeves from succeeding at one of the most difficult sports.
In her parent’s home, there are hundreds of trophies and plaques, not to mention framed pictures, for winning tournaments, beginning when she was in elementary school in Broken Arrow.
Hardly a day passes that Reeves – a 2008 Broken Arrow High School graduate and Class 6A state champion that spring – doesn’t do something related to golf. It could be putting to conditioning, perhaps watching The Golf Channel.
The game has carried her through almost four years of college and it will take the 22-year-old beyond Oral Roberts University. But, for the next two or three weeks, Reeves may not touch her clubs or even see a golf course. Her future – playing professional golf – is on hold. Up to her elbows in scholastics, this finance major is completing her classwork and preparing for final exams to graduate.
“Oh,” she said, giggling, “there’s a senior paper I have to deliver. That’s really big thing. Everything is going by so fast.”
A four-year letterman for the Lady Eagles, Reeves has been a decorated player. She’s been the Summit League player of the week six times and maintains an average around 75. When her college career is finished, Reeves will move to the next level early in the summer. Likely, she’ll play the Futures Tour, the minor league circuit for the Ladies Professional Golf Association.
But, Reeves doesn’t want to get ahead of herself. “Right now, I want to enjoy the moment,” she said. “I love ORU and our season isn’t over. I want to take one-thing-at-a-time.”
Reeves admitted some groundwork has been prepared for her post-college days. “We’ve done some things but I am keeping my options opens,” she said. “To take that step (LPGA), you have to be prepared in a lot of areas. One of them is making sure my game is ready.”
No comments:
Post a Comment